Monday, October 11, 2010

Tennis Lessons!

Today was my fourth tennis lesson since I started the activity. During the past 3 lessons, my coach made me mainly focus on and practice my forehand shot. Today I started with my backhand.
At first it was hard to turn my body all the way around to the left side, but gradually I got better at it. In fact, I think I am doing better at my backhand than I initially did when I started my forehand.

Unfortunately, it started raining again today, so we went inside to practice by hitting softer balls against the wall in a Squash court. I had to practice keeping the shots slow and steady, because if I hit it too fast, the ball would hit the wall and come back to me at the same speed, so it would kind of feel like I was getting attacked!
This was good practice in trying to keep the ball steady and hitting it slowly and smoothly for Tennis.

Here are some pictures I managed to take before it started raining:

No comments:

Post a Comment