Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update for Tennis

Last week's tennis lesson took place on a clay court instead of a concrete one, and in the sunny morning heat instead of the milder sun in the evening. This was the first time I'd played under such conditions so it was an interesting challenge having to adapt to it quickly. This is because the ball bounces less on the clay coat and of course the heat is stronger.
However, it seems that after that lesson I seem to play more efficiently on the concrete court as well. In fact, my coach called that lesson the "break through" and said that I am now able to return a larger number of balls successfully than before when rallying/playing. He said it was a marked sign of improvement and I was really happy about that. :)

Here are some pictures of me playing on the clay court:

No comments:

Post a Comment